Interesting Tweets of the Day

20130219-212819.jpg

I am finally soaking in Twitter for all its worth. I talked about this a few weeks ago but I am really seeing the benefits now. All I have to do is open my Twitter account and start reading.

I follow about 380 people who tell me all that I need to know on a second-by-second basis about politics, current events, business, technology, health, food, theater, fashion, economics, music, pop culture, the arts, city news, publishing, and entertainment.

I am getting news feeds faster, better contacts, and a one-stop news source.
The most interesting part is that I am reading tweets from the people who make the news. No filters, no interpretation, and no waiting.

Here is a sample of what I read today. I bet you didn’t know half this stuff. Click on the links to go to each Twitter feed and follow them yourself!

Bill Gates
@BillGates
Today it’s hard to imagine the steam engine was once “The Most Powerful Idea in the World”. Book review b-gat.es/132IzSp #BillsLetter
2/19/13, 7:31 PM

Walt Mossberg
@waltmossberg
How you can hire a personal trainer and work out with friends via webcam. @kabster728 dthin.gs/YxVQg1
2/19/13, 6:24 PM

Yahoo!
@Yahoo
Best-selling crime writer Patricia Cornwell wins $51 million in lawsuit against her ex-financial management firm: yhoo.it/Y7DwdN
2/19/13, 6:22 PM

Peter S. Greenberg
@PeterSGreenberg
American Airlines CEO Tom Horton to receive $20 million severance pkg. Prior to merger, I asked about his next step: petergreenberg.com/2013/01/19/ame…

Shelly Palmer
@shellypalmer
House of Cards: 10% of Netflix Subscribers Have Streamed It ow.ly/hRe0U
04:02 PM – 19 Feb

Reuters Top News
@Reuters
Dell revenue falls 11 percent amid attempt to go private reut.rs/Zegbbe $DELL
04:25 PM – 19 Feb

gdgt
@gdgt
Here’s how the just-announced HTC One stacks up to its major competition: gdg.to/XKMn30
11:45 AM – 19 Feb

Dick DeBartolo
@thegizwiz
Readers Digest may go into bankruptcy again. Court papers, taking up almost a complete 3X5 index card, could be filed soon.
11:46 AM – 19 Feb

HuffPostBiz
@HuffPostBiz
Amazon fires security company accused of wearing neo-Nazi clothing huff.to/131u4ym
09:49 AM – 19 Feb

TODAY
@todayshow
Seeing double… Woman gives birth to 2 sets of identical twins. Video: on.today.com/15s5E0o
09:57 AM – 19 Feb

VentureBeat
@VentureBeat
Goodsurveys will donate a buck to your favorite cause if you take an online survey (exclusive) wp.me/p1re2-2Cnm by @deantak
10:00 AM – 19 Feb

New York Daily News
@nydailynews
Recording titan Clive Davis, twice married, likes guys: I am bisexual, have been involved with men for 20 years nydn.us/XrpyUW
10:01 AM – 19 Feb