The next time one of your kids or grandkids tells you they have a dream, be careful how you respond. He or she just may be the one who will be supporting you in your old age.
YouTube recently profiled some of the biggest stars in Hollywood when they were just starting out. Mashable wrote about it as well. I wanted to share it with you as sort of a reality check. We forget how hard some people work in order to achieve success.
I am working on several digital projects where people expect to be overnight sensations. They don’t understand the sweat and determination others have put into their crafts. The founders of Google, Apple, Microsoft, Facebook, Twitter, WordPress, and Yahoo gave up years of their personal lives to be where they are today.
And that never stops. It’s all a matter of lifestyle and preferences. Just remember, the advice you offer young people in your life has a long lasting effect. Your word carries a lot of weight. It’ll be to be interesting to see their final choices.
1) Lady Gaga performing at NYU’s annual talent show.
2) Louis C.K. at a Boston standup.
3) Justin Timberlake on “Star Search.”
4) Angelina Jolie in her first movie,1982.
5) Scarlett Johannson in an audition tape.
6) Fergie on “Kids Incorporated.”
7) Ryan Gosling on “The Mickey Mouse Club.”
8) Beyonce Knowles in the group Girl’s Tyme.
9) A young Kirsten Stewart in a commercial.